Friday, February 26, 2010

Our Vanity



I built this awhile ago along with gutting and redoing the bathroom but it wasn't until today that I decided to take some shots of the vanity completed. Honduran Mahogany and Aspen with linseed oil, shellac, and wax as finish. Hand-sawn, hand-chiseled, and hand planed surfaces, dovetails, and mortise and tenons. I enjoy hand tools over power. I own some power tools to get by but the joy of working with wood in a quiet environment is unbeaten when compared to power tools. I'm still in the learning phase of this self-taught hobby but it is fun trying to master techniques from hundreds of years ago. I'm itching to get back in the shop to finish some other projects but all my interests take a lot of energy out of me as I really need to focus on one thing at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment