Monday, December 19, 2011

Abandoned Painting

I thought I'd make a post about a little frustration I've had lately. I spent dozens of hours working on a second burlesque painting and became frustrated with the direction it was heading. I had a vision for it and it headed south. I then decided I would abandon it and start over and proceeded to try to scrape down the paint to salvage the expensive linen (22"x11"). That didn't work since too many areas had dried too much. Now I'm left with a nasty looking unusable canvas and no painting. I did take some shots of it through the progression (regression) and here are the last two stages.

Monday, December 5, 2011

"Burlesque" Painting

Here are my efforts from the last few days. This painting will be a part of a burlesque theme art show in January. I still hope to do one or maybe two more pieces. This one is 14x11, oil on linen but I might still have some touch-ups to do. My wife is the model.