Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Open Figure Drawing






Last night I went to an open figure drawing session at a local art store. Well, not quite local since it's about 35 minutes away. Anyway, it was fun. There were about 8 people there drawing. The model asked if she can wear black thigh highs to stay "warm". I found them distracting. Poses were 1 minute, 5, 10, 15. 1 minutes poses can be fun since they become dynamic as you record what you see very quickly. I'd like to be more efficient in recording more information in the longer poses. I found it odd to see everyone sitting at flat tables drawing. To me, the paper is being viewed at a distorted angle. I found a large easel in the corner and dragged it over. Working like this allows me to back up from the drawing and to use my arm more freely to draw.

No comments:

Post a Comment