Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Warm Light Cold Air

It always amazes me that it could be so cold out yet have warm sunlight. This was the case yesterday. I drove around literally for 2 hours looking for something to paint with intentions of painting inside my truck. With that restriction, subject matter becomes much narrower since often I have to park and walk to a scene I want to paint. I gave up, came home, ate lunch and then decided to setup my easel in front of the 3rd floor window and paint. 20x16, oil.

4 comments:

  1. I haven't been to your Blog in a long time........but, just saw some paintings I have never seen. This painting is especially good..........really love the warmth of the palette and how cold I feel looking at it. Love the geometry, angles, shadows.........wow! The portraits of Monica are also exceptional......want to see them in person!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mom! I rarely see any comments on my blog so it was nice to yours!

      Delete
  2. This piece looks great framed on the wall!

    ReplyDelete