Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Bonsai Material




I finally got around to taking pics of some of my better rough bonsai material which found it's way into my garden this year. The American Hornbeam is collected from the wild and next spring I will probably trunk chop it lower to induce taper lower on the trunk but it has really taken off with new growth in a short amount of time. The Corkbark Elm is really taking off as well. It will be trunk chopped next spring as well and I will take a closer look at the branches to see if any are worth keeping or if I should regrow them. Hopefully I can induce growth on the left but the aggressive growth I've seen so far, I would think it shouldn't be much of a problem. The Ponderosa Pine was collected in the Rockies at 5800' elevation and is approximately 100 years old. I am new with pine but this is my baby. Nothing will be done until I see it flourish and acclimate to my garden. I have had this one less than a week and still trying to find the best location in the yard to blast it with sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment